The Silay Institute conducted a 2-day In- Service Training for Teachers last July 15-16, 2021 led by our partner BPO, ADEC. The said training aimed to strengthen teachers’ skills and knowledge that would equip them in facing yet another year of new normal scheme of education.
The activity started by the usual flow of the program followed by an inspirational message from Ms. Lilian Reventar, the school president.
The trainings focused on teachers as an Employees and Educators while covering the following:
- Adhere to company guidelines
- Observe statutory requirements
- Share and work toward the company’s vision and goals
- Adapt a customer service mindset
- Moral Obligations of Educators
- Parent-Teacher Classroom Management
- Effective Classroom Management
- Teaching strategies
- Modes of Learning
- Student Discipline
The INSET was very timely to the current education set-up where despite the suspension of face-face classes, teachers have to fulfill their obligations and maintain discipline to the students.
The informative lectures were given by our invited guest speakers Dr. Maria Mercedes Monsale of CHED, Dr. Catherine Apusaga of DepEd, Mr. Neri Marasigan, and Ms. Maria Recelyn Marasigan of Adec Group.